Welcome to Smores.tv! We are excited to have you on board as a Smores.tv creator!
Getting your videos in front of Smores.tv viewers is easy, and requires only a few quick steps.
Here's How to Get Started:
- Log into Smores.tv using the account information that you used to join Smores.tv
- Click on the person icon on the right side of the page, and go to the My Channel page, located in the Upload area on the creator navigation menu (shown below):
On the My Channel page, you can customize your channel by adding a channel name, cover image, links to anything that you would like to promote, and by adding descriptive info about your channel.
- After you are finished customizing your channel, head over to the "Upload Videos" page by clicking on the menu link on the left side of your screen, or by clicking the link on the creator navigation menu. On this page, you can upload videos, add descriptions, and then add any relevant tags for your videos (to help viewers find your videos).
We recommend that you upload at least 7-10 videos to start, to give your viewers a chance to learn more about your content and increase the likelihood that they will subscribe to your channel. We also recommend that your videos be between 1-3 minutes in length, as that is the expected standard for our platform (and what our viewers are used to). Please note that we only accept .mp4 files and that we have a file size limit of 300mb per file currently. Not all video uploads are accepted into the Smores.tv platform, as we strive to give our viewers only higher-quality content. Therefore, we recommend that you try to make your content as engaging as possible, using the highest quality video techniques available to you. Lastly, you ARE allowed to upload videos from your accounts on other platforms, such as YouTube, Instagram, or Vimeo to Smores.tv. If you have any questions about what type of content is allowed (or preferred), your Smores.tv account manager will be happy to assist you!
Please keep in mind that we don't allow usage of copyrighted content, or allow videos that contain graphic violence, nudity, sexual content, or cursing at Smores.tv (please bleep if you must curse). For more information on allowed content types, please visit: https://smores.tv/tos.php.
- After you have submitted your video uploads for approval, please let your Smores.tv account manager know. He or she will then review each upload, and either approve for launch, or provide information on edits that are required to meet Smores.tv viewer quality standards. Please note that video upload review can take up to 48 hours.
All approved video uploads can be found on the My Videos page (located in the creator navigation menu, or left-side page link--if you are already inside a page within the creator navigation menu).
If edits are required for approval on any of your video uploads (or if any of your video uploads have not been reviewed yet), you will be able to find those video uploads at the Pending Videos page (located in the creator navigation menu, or left-side page link--if you are already inside a page within the creator navigation menu).
- If you are eligible to receive payment based on views of your video uploads, please let your account manager know your preferred payment type: PayPal, ACH, check, Payoneer, or wire transfer. Note that there is a $50 earnings minimum that needs to be reached before payment is sent, and that certain payment methods may include fees.
We're here to help! If you have any questions about any of the info listed above, feel free to contact your Smores.tv account manager, or submit a support ticket by clicking on the Submit a request link (located on the top-right corner of this page).